new year. new strategy.

Monday, January 5, 2015

I used to be one of those who would write goals and lists and dreams and things back in my teens and early twenties, however I've been trying to keep things simple this time around. After years of list making, I started realizing that I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to accomplish these premature goals. It also kept me from accomplishing random things that came my way. If it wasn't on my list, it wasn't meant to be tackled. For the longest time I felt like writing them down was blinding me from what life would spring my way - randomly and wonderfully. The funny part is that the best accomplishments have been the not at all expected, thrown at my face, kind of things. 
 
With that said, I abdicated from my list making, goal setting routine. My new strategy - if you can even call it that - is simple. All I do is try to listen to my heart and my guts. I try to work hard, and be present in life. I laugh until it hurts and cry until it feels better - without feeling guilty of doing so. If something doesn't feel right, I move on. And if it does feel wonderful, I embrace it with all I have. I try to accept things that come my way with grace and gumption, and I do my best to love people with all my heart - even though sometimes I fail.
 
Life to me is an open book. It may have pages with crooked lines and blurry spots. Hard words to pronounce and new vocabulary. However, I am trying to take it in little by little and maybe then the once ugly, hard to write pages will end up being this wonderful chapter in my book of life!
 
Cheers to 2015 friends!
 
xoxo,
       m.        
  
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger