friday thoughts

Friday, August 1, 2014

Designed by me and quote from la la lovely 





I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for the weekend friends! Chris, Lady and I will be packing our civic and driving 6,000 feet up the Angeles National Forest to camp next to a small lake. It is only an hour away from LA and you are actually able to swim in the lake... I know this may sound strange, but ever since I moved to Southern California, I have encountered several lakes where swimming is not allowed. Some due to it being a man made lake or reservoir, and others due to the current drought. Being that the average temperature here is 90 degrees and the beaches are way too crowded and impossible to find a place to park for less than 20 bucks I can say a secluded lake (there are only 8 campsites available!!) in the forest sounds like paradise to me! Plus who likes to sit in traffic on the freeway just to get to the beach? Not me!! I will always choose nature over traffic. Any day...especially in LA! 

This quote from la la lovely inspired me to pause my busy weekend schedule. No running errands, cleaning or doing laundry for me this weekend. Floatin' is all I wanna do. Chores can wait! Sunday we will be back renewed and restored. Ready to take on the daily challenges and inspired to live life on moment at a time. Pausing. Re-arranging. Whenever we want and need to. 

Here is to a beautiful summer weekend to all of you! 


xoxo,
m


p.s: yes, i will be listening to little big town's pontoon song while i float down the lake. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger