El Xitxarel·lo wine bottle packaging

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Packaging design by Albert Virgili Hill 
I'm not the one to judge a book by it's cover, however when it comes to shopping for wine, what can I say... I am a sucker for a well designed label and will probably go with the cute wine bottle in the corner that I have no idea what it tastes like. It is true that 70% of the time the wine is not the best kind and I end up wishing I had gone for a classic Robert Mondavi (one of my favorites), but I think this one might have changed the odds.

The whole concept of the wine was created based on the intent to promote the consumption of local wine, and also recover the good old art of vintage insulting. Say what?? That is awesome. I am so guilty of using way too many bad words (sorry mom and dad!) and I love that sometimes people can embrace a ingenuous and funny insult!



In order to preserve the vineyard's unique language, El Xitxarel-lo dedicates its bottle to honor them. Each bottle contain 77 catalan insults, being each graphically represented considering its meaning.   

The best part, in my opinion, is the fake alcoholometer that "measures" your "drunk level" with old insults. So in the middle of the bottle you start feeling a bit "Calent" (a tad bit drunk) and by the end of the bottle you are considered a "bottle emptier". Brilliant! 


Now were can I find myself one of these for the weekend? 


Hope your week is off to a fantastic start and Happy Hump Day!



xoxo,
m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger