details from my home

Monday, November 11, 2013


Happy Monday and Veterans Day ! A new week is upon us once again and I have a feeling it is going to be good one. I am a true believer that if you surround yourself with positive energy, good things will come your way. By energy I mean thoughts, people, objects... anything that can change the way you feel and act. In my case I cannot go without a cozy and pretty place to call home. Even though things might be temporary, that does not mean you can leave your stuff in boxes and not make it a cozy environment! It is more than just the superficial meaning of decorating... it is about making the physical space a home. Somewhere that when you walk through the door after a long day you can put your feet up and feel comfy. Where you can light a warm scented candle and read a good book. That is the true meaning of home! 

I always try to surround myself with meaningful (and pretty) objects. Walls always give me a feeling of a blank canvas, where I can be creative and play around with frames and artwork. This time around, I decided to hang my vintage tray and use it as a mirror. My dad purchased this item at a flee market on one of our trips to New York City and gave it to me as a gift! It came out great when combined with colorful prints and white solid frames. Even though the mirror is a tad bit dirty and I have tried everything to clean it, I absolutely love all the texture it has to offer...    


I have been eyeballing this simple, yet so versatile table from CB2 for a while now and this week I finally decided to get it! As of now I am using it as a mini bar to hold all my drinking accessories. Perfect for cocktail making!





As many of you know, I am a book addict and have accumulated a few perfectly designed coffee table books. These are a few of my favorite: Kate Spade Things we love, The Perfectly Imperfect Home, The Art of The New Yorker, Monet: Art and Story, Cupcakes and Cashmere, and One Good Deed a Day. They are as perfect on the inside as they are well designed. 

Off I go to tackle my extensive Monday to-do list. Here is to a productive week and until next time!

xoxo,
m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger