{colors} august flowers

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

august flowers I mariana hodges for sparkyourprint.blogspot.com


If you would have asked me a year ago what a Dahlia is, I wouldn't have known the answer. Even though I have always loved how flowers looked and smelled, their names and when they were in season, that was a whole other world to me. Ever since Chris and I got married and decorating has become a constant thing in my life, my interest has definitely grown exponentially. Because let's be honest, no house (apartment, studio or loft) is complete without plants and flowers - they bring life to any room! I am positive that if my mom is reading this post right now she is thinking "I told you so"... She absolutely loves gardening and my entire life I have questioned the reason why she loved to be covered in dirt - yes, now I understand. 

Even though we are heading towards the last month of summer, there are still plenty of pretty flowers that will be blooming this month. So keep your eyes opened for some of these beauties at your local grocery store and/or farmers market.

Dahlias are definitely my favorite of them all! These jubilant blooms come in many bright colors and they love the sun! The best part of it all is that they can adapt to most soil and are easy to maintain (brownie points here - I am not the best flower mother).

Do you have a favorite August flower? Or any gardening tips? Please do share, I am always opened to learning more about how to maintain a pretty garden.

xoxo,
m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger