more than words - literally!

Friday, May 31, 2013





PHOTO BY DEVIN WILSON

Today's challenge topic is: a vivid memory. Oh, how I have so many delightful memories of my life - living in England, Brazil, and the States... However there is a BIG one that means so much to me and, no matter how it happened, it will always be one of the most important moments in my life: the moment Chris and I said "I do". 

I really don't think any of us know what our life will be after we get married - at least I didn't. Most of the time we imagine that marriage is magical because we now have someone special by our side to go through life with. Not that this isn't true, however there are so many other special things that happen after you make this huge commitment to your significant other. The challenges you go through together in the first few years of marriage, may seem difficult but trust me, it will be worth it! After that you will no longer be able to see yourself without one another and will have the strength to fight together whatever comes your way. 

Anyway... the moment. Yes, I was a nervous wreck and could barely keep myself from bursting out in tears (I'm a cry baby). I remember the entire ceremony just saying these words to myself: keep it together. you can do this! Of course there is only so much you can contain yourself from doing, and I am not the best at restraining myself from showing my emotions... Sure thing, I couldn't hold my tears much longer and they busted out loud in.... laughter! I swear I'm not kidding. I do tend to laugh when I'm nervous, so that is my explanation to the whole thing. 

I am glad people laughed a little, as did Chris, and the ceremony continued... with the vows. Even though I was very embarrassed by the whole situation, it worked out well. After letting all the emotions out, I was able to, sensibly, say my vows out loud :) Even though it was kind of embarrassing at first, it was typical Mariana, and I knew that the people present loved me for who I am. And as of Chris, well he has seen his share of Mariana moments... and knew exactly what he was getting himself into.  

What about you? Anything you vividly remember? Please do share - I would love to hear all about it! 

Here is to a lovely weekend ahead filled with sunshine, pools, and adult beverages! 


xoxo,
m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger