Tuesday prints

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hello and happy Tuesday! How was your weekend? Mine was just wonderful. I managed to catch up on my sleep and run some errands (which included shopping for pretty party stuff in a colorful spring outfit). We have been getting such nice weather around here (way too nice for this time of year), but today I woke up to a rainy and foggy morning in the District. Usually on a gloomy day such as this, I love to bring out prints and pops of color to my outfit - and decided to do the same on today's post!     

A few prints from my home...






I absolutely love my Nate Berkus for Target pillows! How can you not, right? Simple, classy and oh-so lovely... and let's not forget the great designer behind it all. Another two items I adore in our teeny tiny apartment is the living room/dining area rug (another great Target find!!) and a vintage book I found at a local Thrift store a while back. 



Even though there is no pop of color in the rug, I think it creates a neutral canvas for all the other accessories in the room to interact well. And in the end, I love how every comes together in a perfect mix of texture.

Decorating is more than just hiring a interior designer and making your house look like it belongs in a magazine cover. Home to me is a place where I can look around and see myself in every single item, furniture, and accessory. As Nate Berkus said, "telling a story in your home starts with things that have meaning to you." So head on over to your local thrift store and your favorite flea market... but don't forget that sometimes Target and IKEA are totally necessary! ;)     

Ta-ta friends and until next time!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger