things i love

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hello and welcome back! I am sorry for being MIA for a little while, but so much craziness has been going on lately that I haven't had the time to focus on my favorite thing in the world (after my lovely husband of course) - this blog!  Since this week has not started the way I planned it to, I decided to shake things up a little bit here. Today I will write the first - of many - Things I love post! 







There is something about beautiful type that makes everything better! I love how every single trace of the lettering was well thought out and meticulously calculated to come together in harmony... ahhh! Plus we all know that you can have the most creative and well thought out design, but if the type doesn't work...you have a whole set of problems in your hand. I know this for a fact because even though I am obsessed with fonts and calligraphy I am not the most talented person out there and I still struggle on a daily basis when choosing a typeface for any given project.   







I am also always impressed by how the placement of the type makes a whole world of a difference. It doesn't have to be too complicated, it just needs to work! It's a lovely typeface world out there, may I say. It's the simple things that make life special and oh-so gorgeous, right? :)

Hope your week is off to a great start and remember to come back for part 2 of things i love!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger