meal planning: prosciutto, tomato and olive spaghetti

Friday, January 16, 2015

Recently I started planing my trips to the grocery store. It all started when I realized that I was spending hundreds of dollars in food every month and never ending up cooking anything special. It was always a freak out, put something together quick kind of night in my kitchen. Not any more friends. Ever since I decided to eat out less, I learned how to plan my meals. And by mine, I mean the Hodges household. Yep. That meant even though I wanted something quick after work, it had to be healthy, hearty and meaty. Because men need their protein! :) 

With that said, I am going to start sharing a few of my favorite recipes here. I'm not a food blogger and never will claim myself as a cook. However, I like cooking simple and yummy recipes for my husband and I to eat together and since I do a ton of research, why not share it all with you?

Let's start with the best food item on the list, shall we? Pasta... This is a favorite and even though ingredient list is extensive, it is a simple and hearty meal. Hope you like it! 


Prosciutto, Tomato and Olive Spaghetti

Ingredients:
1 lb dried spaghetti
8 cups of water
2 teaspoons sea salt
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
5 garlic gloves, finely minced
2 shallots, finely minced
1 cup black olives, pitted
3 to 4 tomatoes diced
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2.5 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
a handful of fresh parsley
1/2 lb prosciutto 

Instructions:
1. In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil and add salt.
2. Drain pasta but save about 1 cup of the pasta water 
3. Wipe clean the same pot and set over medium heat with olive oil. When oil is hot, lower heat and saute garlic and shallots for about 1 minute.
4. Increase heat and add olives cook for 1 minute.
5. Add diced tomatoes and cook until soft, about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add wine and stir until alcohol has evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Stir in tomato paste and butter until dissolved.
8. Put pasta back in the pot and mix. Add reserved water if pasta seems too dry.
9. Toss with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle chopped parsley.
10. Garnish with prosciutto slices and serve.  






1 comments:

  1. Parece delicioso. Queria conseguir fazer esse planejamento . Com certeza vou experimentar. Bjs

    ReplyDelete

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger