what's blooming in june

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I cannot believe that we are halfway through 2014. Crazy! Nevertheless, June is a beautiful month and I intend on enjoying it to the fullest. There is nothing like the first month of warm weather. Flowers are in full bloom and people are happy to be sporting summer clothing and eating alfresco once again. Sometimes I think June has us all fooled.... You know perfect 75 degree weather, humidity is still at ease. It makes us feel like summer will be mild and perfect! Ha! As if. Come July we will all be begging for Fall (or an incredibly cold swimming pool to lounge in.)

Jokes aside... This is my very first summer in Southern California and I am definitely having mixed feelings about it. On one hand I LOVE that humidity here is never an issue. But on the other hand.... have you ever experienced desert weather before??? It's painful. Plus your skin feels like it will fall off and die of dryness. I don't think I have ever spent so much money on moisturizer before. 

Wow, this post has gone way off track. Flowers. That was what I was supposed to be talking about. Daffodils, Gerbera's, Calla Lily's...These are definitely my favorite flowers of all time, making June the second best month of the year (October being the first.) So head on out to your nearest Trader Joe's and stock up on some pretty blooms! I know I will be doing just that this upcoming weekend. 

xoxo,
m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger