oscar weekend: movie posters

Friday, February 28, 2014

Alice in Wonderland poster design by Rowan Stocks-Moore and Wall-E by Adam Thompson 

The Academy Awards is just a hop and a skip away! Can you believe it? I absolutely love award season, even though this year I haven't really had the time to watch much of it. It's crazy to think that this time around I am literally 30 minutes from the Oscars red carpet... pretty cool! I have never experienced it this close before and it is definitely exciting stuff. Every one in L.A is talking about it, especially because it's supposed to rain like crazy all weekend (not cool for socal). 

Because of such event, I decided to put together a little inspiration board. There is something about a well designed movie poster that inspires me. The perfect shot, the color correction and well placed type can make me feel all kinds of excited.  It's a perfect mix between graphic design and cinematography, if you ask me!  

Due to my lack of movie theater visits, I have yet to watch any of the nominated films... YIKES! So I decided to go a more classic route. Nothing like a good old fashion b&w love story, mixed in with an exciting adventure and wall-e... Who doesn't love wall-e, right?! :) 

What are your picks this Oscar season? 

Hope your Friday is off to a fantastic start and here is to a fun and relaxing weekend ahead! 


xoxo,
m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger