{what colored my week} decorating with wallpaper

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

decorating with wallpaper I mariana hodges for sparkyourprint.blogspot.com




I have always despised wallpaper. I have never imagined decorating with such thing and would argue that paint is always the best option when thinking about the walls around you. However, for the past couple of years, the wallpaper trend has made a comeback and there are so many lovely designs out there (this, this , and this)! For the first time I am actually considering one day decorating at least one wall in my house with it.

This lovely and bold tropical wallpaper caught my attention while I was randomly browsing pinterest and it was love at first sight! I do not know if I would have the courage to actually use it in my own home, however it did inspire me a bit... 

Even though the Kate Spade pillow utilizes the same pattern and one would think it would be too much, the fact that it has the black stripes on the opposite side, makes it a perfect complimentary item. To add some accessories to the room I would definitely use this white Nate Berkus pineapple. It caught my attention on my last trip to Target and it goes oh-so well with the theme and gives it an contemporary element. And to top it all up, I just wouldn't resist adding a touch of gold! 

How do you feel about wallpaper? Have you used it to decorate a room, a dresser, or any household item? Please do share! 

"For me, people are color, flowers are color, food is color - and all of this", she says gesturing around her home, "is my canvas." designer Lisa Teague.   


xoxo,
m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger