now that i'm back, a little update

Monday, October 26, 2015






These have been interesting months so far. Tons have happened since I announced that we were expecting little baby Hodges. Most of the changes were to be expected, but a few were surely a surprise. So here a few updates on my part...

- Creating a baby is no joke! Even though I kind of knew the changes that would occur to my body, I don't think anyone can actually grasp the feeling until you go through it yourself. It's a blessing to be able to experience the miracle of life happening inside you, however it's also a pretty weird occurrence. Let's just say there are a lot more fluids involved, hiccup outbursts that don't come from you, and a ton of pushing and shoving happening inside your stretched out belly.

- If you follow me on Instagram, you know that Chris and I moved into a larger apartment just down the street from where we used to live, and I can say that one more bedroom makes a huge difference. After living in tight quarters for the past 5 years, it's amazing what one extra room does to you. SO much space!! When you live in an over populated and expensive city, a few more square feet can make you feel incredibly powerful!! haha... Even Lady the dog is feeling might fine! She loves roaming around the house, and napping in all the different places she has claimed her own. Mostly rugs and soft surfaces, of course!

- I turned 30!!!!! And a had a delicious glass of red wine the day of my birthday. I know you're not supposed to drink when you're pregnant, but one glass won't hurt baby and I think I deserved that glass. 30 years on this planet, and my oh my it's been a good ride. More on this later.

- Oh, and I can't forget to mention... We're having a girl!!! Caroline Caldas Hodges. We decided to stick to the Brazilian tradition of carrying the maternal name as a middle name. She will be half Brazilian after all.

Alright, enough about me for now. Tell me what's been going on with you!!!

Until next time,
m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger