smile, there's wine

Tuesday, March 24, 2015


It took me a while to appreciate wine. It was a nightmare at first, to know how to navigate the wine aisle at the store. Pretty labels, different countries, names I couldn't pronounce. Yikes! Talk about options... so I would always end up with a pretty affordable label. Even though cute labels are great, it's not what makes a wine and will probably leave you with that pesky headache the following day.

First things first - what kind of wine you are looking for? Is it a smooth red, a crispy white or a bold smoky merlot? After deciding what it is you want you need to know where those grapes grow the best. I'm no wine connoisseur, so I  usually stick with California, Chile, Argentina and France (if I am feeling like digging a little bit deeper in my wallet.)

I have selected three of my favorite wines right now. The first is for a special summer occasion: Stags' Leap Rose. Super crispy and refreshing, but beware with it's alcohol content!!! Second on my list is a good old Pinot Noir: Rodney Strong. Definitely a favorite. And last but not least, my Friday night go -to: Casillero del Diablo. A classic Cabernet Sauvignon. You can't beat the price and flavor.

What about you? Any wine that's in rotation in your house?  Please do share, I could use a little update on my own list.


Cheers! 
xoxo,
m



P.S: the links do not represent grocery store prices! Trader Joe's always has the Casillero for less than 10 bucks. So look around :) 

P.P.S: if you're interested in other winery's give Robert Mondavi, Beringer, Chateau St. Jean,  and Bodega Elena de Mendoza a try! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger