when you kind of forget you are pregnant

Tuesday, January 5, 2016


Hello sweet friends! Welcome back and happy 2016. I am officially on maternity leave and, even though I thought I would have all the time in the world to blog, nap and take it easy, it does't seem that way. However, I trying to make the best of this semi-quite week before baby comes and my entire world is turned upside down.

It is hard to forget you are carrying around a 7 plus pound baby and that your mid-section is resembling a basketball more than an actual belly, even so there are those (sadly hilarious) times that you might forget that you are pregnant. This happens to me more than I would like to admit it... and perhaps it has something to do with my clumsiness. I do "feel" pregnant all the time at this point, however there are days that I forget the new girth around my mid-section, or that my body really has changed and I am now incapable of doing things I once did just a few months ago.

I'm not sure if you are pregnant - or have been - but you know when you try to squeeze between your co-workers to only remember that you could no longer suck in your gut, and ended up knocking everything and everyone in front of you? Yep, that happened to me a lot.

And that feeling of disconnect with the length and size of your belly - as if it's not a part of your body - has led to lots of moment where I forgot I was carrying a baby. When people would ask me when I was due, I would be all like... "Say what? What I DO?" :) Not to mention opening the fridge door only to realize it hit you right in the belly... bumping into things like the pan and stove while cooking also count. I hate to admit, but my every growing belly is guilty of turning up the heat on the gas stove every single time I cook. I have though of taking the knobs off... ha!

Hugs are just as different when you are pregnant! I often try to give someone a hug (yes, I am a hugger) and remember that I need to shift to the side in order to properly give the hug, otherwise I would just leaning forward and feeling all kinds of awkward.

There are also those moments when you still think you are that tough girl despite your pregnancy statues, and can still accomplish amazing feats of strength and physical fitness, until you try and fail miserably. I went from yoga inversions to downward what?? No way my head is going that far down my legs without me passing out.

Most of all, I find it funny that it takes longer for your mind to adjust to your physical changes and how this can often put you in funny situations.  How about you - have you felt anything like this before? I sure hope I'm not the only clumsy, ops I forgot I was pregnant gal out there ;)


Hope you come back soon,
M


0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPARK YOUR PRINT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger